Managed by The LVE Charitable Foundation, Leyton Great Hall and The Chamber are two of the finest venues in east London in which to hold your festive event, as the year draws to a close.
Both venues are heritage venues and are managed by a highly experienced and professional team to ensure that your event runs smoothly and because we are a charity we do not make a profit; any surplus after costs is devoted to running one or more of our charitable projects. Continue reading…
The LVE Charitable Foundation is delighted to announce that it will be hosting a Gala Dinner at:
Leyton Great Hall
On Thursday, 15th November, 2018 from 7pm ’til late. This is a black tie or lounge suit event, by ticket only.
The LVE Charitable Foundation was recently contacted by a police officer from Haringey with a request for help. The request was that some pupils from a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in north London needed some blazers, as they were meeting the local MP.
The Leadership Team at the PRU had done so well that they were going to meet their MP.
The young people decided that they wanted to look smart to meet their MP but they had no blazers and neither did the school.
If a picture paints a thousand words then why don’t we paint 10,000 words showing how 16 year old Lili Newland, with some of her classmates, successfully reached Everest Base Camp to raise funds for The LVE Charitable Foundation?
What a tremendous achievement.
If you have already donated in support of Lili’s most excellent adventure then please accept our most sincere thanks.
If you would like to donate knowing that Lili has succeeded in her quest then please do so now.
The treeline ends before 14,000 ft (4,800m). Many cloud types can reach no more than 19,500 ft (6000m) so on the second week of her expedition, Lili Newland will be looking down to the treeline and will often be beyond the clouds. She will be on foot, not on an airliner.
On 24th October, 16 year old Lili Newland will trek through forests hoping to raise funds for the work of our charity, arriving a a newly constructed bridge high above the Dudh Koshi River, which it spans. She will enjoy fine views of Mt. Amadablam before climbing to 3985m and reaching the village of Pangboche and a visit to the monastery. Thereafter Lili will continue to climb to Shomare, following the Imja River, crossing the river and the old glacial moraines before arriving at the hotel in Dingboche at 4410m.
At the time of writing Lili has raised 49% (in £s) of the number of feet above sea level (16,700) that is Everest Base camp. Please help her to raise the other 51%.
Lili’s Everest Adventure begins tomorrow, flying from Heathrow to Doha tomorrow (18th October).
On 19th she will fly onwards to Kathmandu in time for an evening briefing.
The LVE Charitable Foundation continues proudly to support L.E.A.D.E.R.S. community, which has published its autumn program of FREE classes in Drama, Dance and Singing.
The classes take place each Saturday at The Big Creative Academy and are detailed in the images above and below. Both images may be downloaded as PDFs should you need to print them.
LEADERS Performing Art School Flyer Front Sept 2018
LEADERS Performing Art School Flyer Back Sept 2018
The LVE Charitable Foundation is the primary sponsor of L.E.A.D.E.R.S. Community; an arrangement that has borne fruit in its first two years.
On Saturday, 22nd September, 2018, in Walthamstow Town Square, L.E.A.D.E.R.S. Community was a key feature of the Stars over the Forest event and performed three routines featuring the Young L.E.A.D.E.R.S.,
My name is Lili Newland. I am the granddaughter of Michael Polledri and I am 16 years old.
In October 2018 I am embarking on the challenge of a lifetime, namely to travel to Nepal where I will attempt to reach Everest Base Camp which is at an altitude of 16,700 feet. I will be accompanied by a small group from my school.
In late June a week-long program was held in Leyton Great Hall in partnership with the Metropolitan Police and named JUNIOR CITIZENS.
We had children from 29 schools attending a serious of 7 workshops spanning each day – a total of 2750 children.